Compositions Written by Literary Club's Active Members (Part III)

 Mahak

B.A. English Honours 4th Sem


I believe I was never thankful enough

For what I have and what I earned
Seeing the world with the best I had
Made me realise that everyone's a little burnt

But they also have something so beautiful
People to make them smile
Being lent a shoulder when they need a good cry
A sweet reminder that they are loved every once in a while

Not everyone is born with a healthy body
And yes, not all can maintain their peace of mind
But the world gives them enough
So they could keep trying

Look at me, look at you
Decide if you want to keep trying harder
Because if there are good swimmers
There are people who can barely keep their head above water

*******************************************************************************************
You've made me laugh
You've made me cry
You've made me sad and lonely
Yet i still try

You've brought the best people in this world
To me and i can't thank you enough
But little storms were a package deal
Which, to be honest, made living a little rough

Mean things some people did
Have sure broken my heart into pieces
Still my heart is glued by those few people
Whose little acts of kindness never cease

So I'm taking a moment to appreciate this life
Because what more do I need?
Joy, melancholy, love, frenzy 
And if there's one thing that can never be satisfied, it's man's greed 

*************************************************************************************
I was this close to touching the sky
They clipped my wings
Saying I was flying too high
Too close to the sun
Too far from the ones
Who held my truth
And held me down
But I learned from the sun
And burned my chains
I shone so bright
They let me soar despite
The words that turned them cold 
And made me bold
So, let the heights scare me
I won't back down
This is my fight
I'm going to seize the crown
*********************************************************************************

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rasa Theory in Kalidasa’s Abhijnanashakuntalam

The title of the Tamil Epic 'Cilappatikaram'

Abhijnana Shakuntalam (Act1-Act5)