Teacher:Dispeller of Darkness of Ignorance.

 A letter to an honest artist of emotions, who taught not only Literature but LIFE to her students!


Respected Pushpinder Syal Mam


A time when I was an average student  but a very passionate and dedicated pupil at Panjab University who was equally curious to  imbibe all that my teachers poured during their lectures; I sought my Linguistics class as a privilege because of you. Being hesitant, I never talked much but the day you made us practise phonetic symbols and invited me to illustrate one on the blackboard filled confidence in me. During the last days of second year of M.A. I, along with my friend, came to discuss some issues about Shadow Lines made me feel how generous you are towards your students.


Then came the PHD journey and the whole perspective to life changed. Mam, You  always trusted the hard work that I put in. You made me realise what I could never even see/discover myself.


How could a student, a pupil thank an ocean of knowledge and love. Thanks is a small word for everything you do for your students. I am indebted to you for everything you gave. It's an overwhelmingly beautiful relationship when the student is comfortable enough to discuss academic and personal matters. Mam, you have been such a true and generous mentor who has always considered the well being of her students as her priority.


I feel honoured to be your student, your pupil.

Happy Teachers' Day, Mam

Everyday, I remember you and pray for your well being and happiness.


Yours sincerely

Jimmy Sharma










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rasa Theory in Kalidasa’s Abhijnanashakuntalam

The title of the Tamil Epic 'Cilappatikaram'

Abhijnana Shakuntalam (Act1-Act5)