A brilliant poem by my first year student

Sahil, another student of English Hons (first year) wrote a brilliant poem in his first attempt. Teaching John Donne and such a poem at the end tells the metaphysical poetry touched the cords:

Why? Why you abhorred me like that
And realm of my heart whacked with your cacophony.
Does a pall of gloom descends upon your feelings,
Leaving our love in an ordeal and debarring us from
That Heavenly Abode of love.
Is it my bashful and naive heart that can not
Emanates its feelings to the mouth?
Nobody can understand my flawless love's ideation
which amalgamate my selfless-ness and devotion for you,
That rejuvenate my soul.
A few moments or the whole,
All I want to live and die with you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rasa Theory in Kalidasa’s Abhijnanashakuntalam

The title of the Tamil Epic 'Cilappatikaram'

Abhijnana Shakuntalam (Act1-Act5)